Enjoy our delicious artisan strawberry coconut ice cream!
- 3 3/4 cups coconut cream base
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Learn how to make Creamarie's artisan ice cream base here.
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Combine 1 lb of strawberries, 1 Tbsp sugar and 2 Tbsp water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken.
- Then reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer until it is reduced and water is evaporated.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the remaining berries, you’ll have about 1 cup.
- Once pureed, move to a container and let cool in the fridge.
- Add the coconut base, vanilla, and strawberry reduction to a bowl and whisk mixture together until it's well combined.
- Pour into the ice cream maker and churn.
- Churn until the mix starts to look solid and firm. It’s ready when a spoon is pressed across the top and it should leave an impression without collapsing, for just a second.
- Turn off the machine and pour into an ice cream container.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.